11.19.2011

Out with the Old, In with the New... A Few Months Early

This week marked the one year anniversary of my official exit from the newspaper industry and my entry into the food/service industry. Boy, has a lot happened in that year. Sometimes, it's hard to believe what transpired this year happened at all. From making popcorn and slinging sandwiches, to selling baked goods, to working in the freezer of that infamous grocery store with those little shopping carts, it feels like more than just a year has gone by. The past few months especially have been an exciting whirlwind with the demands of my newest gig, and my entry into the online community as a bonafide food blogger. I've realized some important things about myself in the past year, that the written word never left my bloodstream, and nor has my desire to continue to be inspired and craft at every opportunity. While my list of hopeful future accomplishments continues to grow, I'm still pretty proud of all that's unfolded in a year. It may not seem like a lot on paper, but when you consider that a year ago I was basically entering my working life with a clean slate, I feel like I've made some pretty good strides in the right direction.

On that note, I'm leaving you with (what I found to be) an entertaining video entitled "WORK." Sometimes we get so bogged down in work, we lose sight of what we're working for. It could be so you can afford nice things and provide for your family, it could be to achieve your dream job, or heck, it could be for moon shoes. Either way, I don't know about you, but I'm definitely "ready to start the work!" as the prospect of a new calendar year approaches.


1 comment:

  1. You are GREAT! MULTI-TALENTED! WONDERFUL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete