11.11.2011

Sunday Brunchday

There's nothing I love more than Sunday brunches spent relaxing at home. With few exceptions. Not so long ago, I finished reading Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. Not only is it an enchanting read, especially for all you foodies, but it also doubles as a great recipe book. This past Sunday, I found myself with a day off from work and a hankering for a delicious, filling, but somewhat quick and easy brunch to make. So I turned to Wizenberg's recipe pages, naturally. I remember reading her chapter on her dad (Berg's) French toast. Something about that chapter stuck. Maybe it was the description of her intoxication with his breakfast specialty, or maybe it was because I knew there was a loaf of my favorite white bakery bread sitting on the counter, but I knew I had to give this recipe a try.




It definitely did not disappoint. It may not be something you categorize under "healthy" breakfasts, however, it will most likely hit the spot if you're hankering for a special Sunday treat. I had mine with fresh fruit and some soy whip cream on top. Heavenly. And the perfect meal to round out the end of the weekend. I definitely recommend giving it a try. And if you do, be sure to let me know what you think!

You can find the recipe from Wizenberg's book here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment